Welcome to the website of our book Life Through Sam’s Eyes – How Our Blind Son Helped Us See…
We hope that this book will inspire you to live a joyous and fulfilled life, no matter what adversity or challenge you may be faced with.
A Journey From Devastation To Inspiration
International Authors and Parents Jim and Lisa Valavanis share their inspirational story of what they went through and how they coped and survived when a family crisis struck down their son Sam.
Sam was diagnosed with Retinoblastoma at just 12 weeks of age and they thought his life was over before it had even begun. They didn’t know what it meant to him for now, let alone the future. How would he and they as a family get through this ordeal and what kind of life would he have? This book will help lift the haze that may come over other families or individuals facing a personal traumatic experience and give them not only a sense of direction but also of hope for the future.
• Why cancer or disability does not mean the end
• How an ordinary family survived through an extraordinary situation
• How parents can help their child cope with grief and loss
• How the power of positive thinking can help you deal with a traumatic life changing experience
• You can rise up from the depths of despair to live the life you deserve
• Essential networks and support groups available to assist you through the difficult times
• Where to from here? Living a joyous and fulfilling life with a disability
10% of all sales will be donated to the Starlight Children’s Foundation, who are now in every major paediatric hospital in Australia. Starlight provides a haven away from the stress and pain of treatment through their Starlight Express Rooms and their amazing Superhero, Captain Starlight.
Starlight’s Fun Centre program is available in over 100 hospitals nationally and Starlight is the only organisation with a permanent presence in every major paediatric hospital around the country with programs available every day. In addition, a Starlight Wish is granted every day.
If you’d like to connect with us, feel free to like our Facebook page Life Through Sam’s Eyes.